Welcome to TickPick’s Sanford Stadium Seating Chart. Here we will cover everything you need to know before purchasing Cheap Georgia Bulldogs Tickets, including seat views, student sections, premium seating, tailgating, and more.
Sanford Stadium History and Overview
Sanford Stadium, home to the Georgia Bulldogs, is located in Athens, Georgia. Sanford Stadium began construction in 1928 and was completed on October 12th, 1929. After almost nine decades worth of expansions and renovations, the stadium went from originally holding 30,000 fans to now upwards of 92,000. Known for the hedges surrounding the field and beloved mascot Uga, a white bulldog, Sanford Stadium hosts some of the most rabid and devoted fans in college football.
Sanford Stadium Seating Chart
All sections at Sanford Stadium follow a standard sequential pattern: 101-144, 201-237, 301-337, and 601-611.
The vast majority of seats at the stadium are bleacher seating, meaning no chair backs. Chair backs are an option, but they are more expensive and are predominately in the club and suite level sections. More on that below.
Georgia Bulldogs Student Section
The Georgia Bulldogs have a huge student section, including sections 109-114, 138-143, and 307-316. SEC football is the rowdiest in the country, so these sections will be the life of the party at Bulldogs games. If you are bringing kids to the game, we would advise steering clear of sections adjacent to these as well.
Student tickets sell out quickly since only a small portion are allotted to the student body. More importantly, you won’t be able to purchase student section tickets on the secondary market as only currently enrolled Georgia students are eligible for these seats. Student tickets are also non-transferable.
Sanford Stadium Premium Seating
If you are looking for club seating for Bulldog games, Sanford Stadium has plenty of options in the 200 level club seats. Wrapping around nearly the entire stadium the 200 level offers elevated sight lines (optimal for viewing along the sidelines). Club seats include access to the club level concessions, air-conditioned indoor seating areas, and shorter bathroom lines.
The SkyClub, located in sections 328-334, provides fully covered chairback seats. With private bathrooms and premium catering options to boot, these outdoor suites are some of the best premium seats available for Georgia football games.
Visiting Team Fan Sections
Sections 101-103, 144, and the entire 600 level (sections 601-611) are the designated visiting team sections at Sanford Stadium. Be aware that the visiting teams sit in the front half (rows 1-30) of sections 101-103.
If you are fan of the opposing team and want to ensure you sit with your fellow fans, these sections are where you want to be. If you are a Bulldogs fan, make sure you avoid these sections!
Parking and Tailgating Tips at Sanford Stadium
There is plenty of parking at the University of Georgia for Tailgating at Sanford Stadium, but not all lots are created equal.
- Parking passes can be purchased on the secondary market, but of course are sold at market value.
- The highest concentration of free parking on game day is available on East Campus, surrounding the Ramsey Center off College Station Road. Keep in mind, free parking is first come, first serve.
- Arrive early so you have your pick of parking spot.
- Athletic Association lots are the closest to the stadium, but are allocated through a University point system.
- Tailgating on the University of Georgia campus cannot begin before 7AM, although the lots will open before that time.
- The University encourages fans to tailgate on the intramural softball fields (fields 2,3,4, and 5).
- Professional tailgates are prohibited at Sanford Stadium, which are designated as tailgates with security, bartenders, DJ’s, transactions for service, or advertising.
- Cell service can get spotty, so it’s advised to mark your tailgate with a large (unique) flag so friends and family can find you.
- Don’t be in a rush to leave after the game, you are better off finishing your leftovers at your tailgate and waiting for traffic to die down.
Best Seats at Sanford Stadium
Personally, I prefer sitting near the student sections (see above). There is a contagious energy that spreads from the students to every surrounding section. It makes for a unique and thrilling game day experience.
Remember, TickPick does not charge service fees, so if you haven’t secured tickets yet check out our Cheap Georgia Bulldogs Tickets.